Thursday, October 30, 2008

Post #13 - Free Write - Halloween


For this free write, I chose the topic of Halloween because it's tomorrow!!! I'm very excited about it because it's one of my favorite holidays and it worked out perfect this year because it's on a Friday. That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it because Halloween is often one of those nights where kids are always up to no good and looking for trouble. It's easy to get involved into mischief because it's easy to just put on a costume and get away with stuff at night when it's dark out, not that I've done that before but you get the point. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because you can always be someone or something else besides yourself. I think it's fun to pretend to be a superhero or monster or whatever people choose to be. If you use your imagination, anything can be fun. As a child, my most favorite part about Halloween was definetely the candy part. Getting as much candy as possible was always a challenge and competition between my friends and I. Now, Halloween is more about enjoying the holiday and dressing up and just enjoying yourself, and staying out of trouble of course. This year I have no clue what I'm going to dress up as, but I need to figure it out soon. Above is a picture of my little brother Sutton who is now 17 months old. He dressed up a little early this year and chose to be a cat I guess, haha. Hopefully this year's Halloween will be a very fun and safe time for everyone.

No comments: