Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1st Autobiography Object

Anyone who has ever had the privilege of competing in the sport of football knows the significance of the helmet. Serving as a saftey feature and requirment in the sport of football, its meaning to previous players is indescribable. Any athlete that has had the opportunity to play football has a lot of pride in the helmet they wore. Ultimately, it the most important piece of equipment and protects the most important part of the body, your brain. By enabling safety, the helmet allows the athlete to compete at their highest level and use their their abilities.

As a child growing up, playing sports, especially football, has also been a passion and a huge part of my life. Strapping up fragile plastic helemets as a kid with the rest of my friends allowed us to imagine ourselves as superstars and our favorite athletes. The helmets gave us hope for our future high school days of football and wanting to play on the varsity field. Having the helmet as a child allowed me to appreciate the sport of football and enjoy the sport for the right reasons.

Once my my high school football days came, my appreciation for the football helmet grew even more. Now my football helemet was sturdy, powerful, and durable. It was a strong helmet that glistened with paint. The helmet gave me the opportunity to represent my school with the paw print logo on the side. Furthermore, it gave me the privilege of representing my community and all the people in my hometown. Everytime I put on the helemet, it was like a second identity. I was not the same person once I had the chinstraps buckled. Comparable to a warrior going out to battle with armor, the helmet gave me a mission and a goal I had to strive to achieve. Playing in those football games with created memories and friends I will have for the rest of my life. Looking back at my high school days and as a child, the helmet always reminds me of the pride and passion I have for football.

No comments: